Monday, July 16, 2007

Week 7 - Wikis

I was more familiar with this technology than most of the others since we have a wiki on our intranet. I even decided to go on ours and read some new entries. I guess it was the motivation from the articles that I read. I found the information about Wikipedia interesting because I do use it yet was not aware that it could be edited by just about anybody. That made me realize that it may not be the best source for retrieving information. I do like to read Wikipedia because the articles are interesting and easy to understand. I also liked the idea of using a library wiki with the public as a subject guide and also for book reviews. I find that I sometimes put more faith in the common man's opinion than so called expert reviewers. This is especially true when is comes to movies. I think the public would like this as well. It might also be helpful to use a wiki for the public's comments and suggestions about the library. We could answer suggestions right away or see if other people feel the same way about a suggestion. This could be very interesting.

No comments: