Monday, July 23, 2007

Great Books for Kids

I am currently a member of the Great Books for Kids Committee. I am so glad that I signed up because I am having a ball reading all the really exceptional books for children in 2007. I especially enjoy talking to my fellow team members about the books. It's so interesting to hear what others think and how they will see something in the book that maybe I missed. It's also fun to vote on those that we feel are truly great and hear why people vote as they do. It is very time consuming, but it's really worthwhile. I would recommend being on the committee to anyone who loves children's books.

1 comment:

Loomlady said...

Great Books for Kids, Teens, and others is a wonderful opportunity to meet folks from other libraries and talk about books, something we get far too little time to do! Enjoy your year!