Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Week 9 - Audiobooks

I checked out the various sites for downloading audiobooks. Overdrive looked the best to me. I especially like that you don't have to worry about deleting the material when the due date arrives. One less thing to do! I am anxious to try downloading books and music to my new mp3 player which I hope to get when I complete this course. The Overdrive tutorial seemed very complete with information on how to download and transfer to another audio device. Lucky me, I also have a good friend who is a techie whiz who will be able to help me if I get stuck. Once I get use to using Overdrive I will feel more secure talking to the patrons about it and giving it a plug. There are many, many titles that I would like to download so I plan on making good use of this service.
I also saw on the Project Gutenberg site that there is a need for volunteers to read for their audio books. I might consider this in the future when I have a bit more time. I read for McDaniel College for awhile and enjoyed it but it is time consuming. I'll put this on the back burner.

1 comment:

f.paul said...

Developers will learn, through practical examples, to integrate Zoho editors in their web application using Remote API as well as manipulate their existing data in different Zoho services with Data API. For a detailed overview of Remote and Data APIs.
Zoho Programmer